This post is also available in: Italiano
Frequently Asked Questions
Terms of Sale
ARE YOUR TOURS AVAILABLE ONLY IN ROME AND ITS SURROUNDINGS, OR CAN THEY BE ORGANISED IN OTHER CITIES?
On request, the tours can be organised in other Italian cities.
WILL THE TOUR BE CANCELLED IF IT RAINS?
The tours take place even if it rains.
I’M ALREADY FAMILIAR WITH THE MAIN ITALIAN WINES, HOW CAN I BE ASSURED THAT I WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO TASTE SOMETHING NEW?
By selecting a personalised tour, so that we can choose together the wines to be made available for tasting.
I HAVE A YOUNG CHILD, CAN I TAKE HIM WITH ME ON THE TOUR?
In the description of each tour, we specify whether or not children can participate. Since these are walking tours to wineries and wine tastings, we believe they are not suitable for kids.
I HAVE DIFFICULTIES WALKING, CAN I PARTICIPATE IN YOUR TOURS?
Surely. You should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org describing your difficulties so that we can select the most appropriate type of tour for you.
THERE ARE SOME FOODS I SHOULD AVOID, HOW CAN I DETERMINE WHETHER THEY WILL BE SERVED DURING THE TASTINGS?
For special dietary needs, you should send an e-mail to email@example.com describing the foods to be avoided at least 48 hours before the tour.
Terms of Sale
I BOOKED A TOUR BUT I’M NO LONGER ABLE TO PARTICIPATE, CAN I CANCEL?
For our cancellation policy, see page “Sales Terms”
ONCE I HAVE BOOKED A TOUR, CAN I CHANGE THE NAMES OF THE PARTICIPANTS?
Yes, names can always be changed up to 24 hours before the tour.
CAN I ADD PARTICIPANTS TO A TOUR ON THE VERY DAY IT TAKES PLACE?
Yes, as long as they do not exceed the maximum number of participants specified for the tour. We recommend verifying capacity with the tour organisers before going to the point of departure. You can pay directly in loco.
I NEED AN INVOICE FOR THE PAYMENT MADE.
All you have to do is send an e-mail with your invoice data to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERMS OF SALE
- A tour is considered booked and confirmed once payment is made.
- An e-mail of confirmation of the booking will be sent to the address indicated.
- The minimum number of participants required for a tour to start is indicated in each tour description.
- The maximum number of participants for each tour is indicated in each tour description, if applicable.
- Tours are offered in English or Italian.
- Minors under 18 years are prohibited by law, to consume alcoholic beverages in public. It is illegal to sell or serve alcohol to a person under 18 years of age in Italy. Non-alcoholic beverages will be served to underage participants
- The reservation can be canceled without penalty – communication is needed in writing, and a relative confirmation of cancellation will follow – up to 7 days before the date of the tour. For cancellations received after this deadline, 100% of the cost will be charged.
- It is possible to change the name booked up to 24 hours before the tour, a confirmation in writing is needed.
- In any case, no cancellation or change of booking can be considered valid in the absence of a reply in writing from the organizers.
- At the end of each tour, an evaluation form will be distributed. Please use it to express any complaint to the organization within one week from the date of the tour.
- The customer who does not show up at the appointment or loses contact with the rest of the group will not be entitled to any reimbursement.
- If the tour is canceled due to technical reasons and force majeure, the customer will only be reimbursed for what has actually been paid.
- Should the tour be modified due to technical reasons and force majeure, the client will be informed in writing and will have the opportunity to confirm or not his participation.
- In the event of increases in taxes and VAT rates that lead to an increase in prices, the customer will be informed in writing and will have the opportunity to confirm or not his participation.
- The organization is not responsible for the loss of items during the tour or for damages caused by third parties or for reasons beyond their control.
- The Court of Rome is competent for any disputes.
PRIVACY NOTICE Pursuant to EU Regulation 679/2016
EU Regulation 679/2016 lays out rules to secure the right to data protection. Your personal data will be handled in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation with full respect for your rights, fundamental freedoms and your dignity and in observance of the principles of fairness, lawfulness and transparency.
We inform you that:
1) The data you provide will be processed in your interest for the following purposes:
- activities relating to the services you requested, in particular for the organization of meetings, conferences, congresses and training events (mandatory conferment);
- fulfillment of legal and accounting or administrative obligations and the management of contracts (mandatory conferment);
- sending communications, notices or newsletters regarding our new initiatives and services, associated companies, partners or customers (optional conferment).
2) In accordance with the security requirements, your data will be subjected to processing through computer systems, printed materials and images. The processed data will not be transferred outside the EU;
3) You provide your personal data through your explicit consent for the processing. Your data will be retained for a period of 10 years after the end of the present contract;
4) Processing typically concerns personal data. Your personal data will not be disseminated and will be protected according to security measures provided for by the law;
5) In order to complete and/or deliver a service in your interest or to which you agreed, we may share your data with:
- public, welfare or insurance organizations, associations or other public or private entities exclusively for the purpose of fulfilling specific legal obligations;
• freelance professionals who may execute a service to which you agreed.
6) The data controller is Motivation M.i.c.e. srl Viale Umberto Tupini, 113 – Italy. The Data Processor is Motivation’s legal representative, Ms Paola Casentini. A Data Protection Officer (DPO) is not required given the type of data processing operations we perform.
7) As the interested party, you have the following rights:
• Right to be informed. Before data collection, you have the right to know how your data will be collected, processed and stored, and for what purpose;
• Right to access data. After data collection, you have the right to access it and know how your data have been processed and stored and for what purpose;
• Right to rectification. You have the right to edit your data if they are inaccurate or incomplete;
• Right to erasure (or right to be forgotten). You have the right to have your personal data erased forever (except for other legal obligations, especially in the case of reporting to public institutions or data protection authorities);
• Right to restrict processing. You can restrict or block the use of your data;
• Right to data portability. You have the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data;
• Right to object. You have the right to prohibit your data from being processed without your explicit consent;
• Right to object to automated decisions. You have the right to not be subject to decisions based solely on algorithms or automations.